Pagini cenusii

duminică, 12 iunie 2011

It's not about the bike

    Many things happened this week but especially this week-end;I practice cycling since I was 12 and for 2 years I have a road bike I care very much but it seems not enough to not be stolen from my door,unlocked and unguarded.As you may know I live in a block of flats in Bucharest in a quite good area with everything you need nearby:a huge park and lake,good neighbours,and this stuff.But I seem to rely very much on my neighbours and recently they changed a lot that you don't recognize them,most of them young.
  Friday evening my cousin arrived from Constanta (he's working in navy and studying history here),and he had to study all night for his exam;and because of the lack of space from my apartment i left my bike outside the door  as usual;If only I knew that he would fall asleep maybe I would have reconsider that decision.I didn't bother that someone could steal my bike because for two months it was staying in the same position,and nobody gave a damn about it.But next morning I found only when he was leaving that my bike was missing.He didn't look surprised and told me he hoped it was some kind of sick joke of  some kid from that block.
   But he didn't gave any supplementary explanation and began to feel suspect;only after I was feeling ordinary and for no good;The irony was that in that night I dreamed that I was in a forest and was taking part at a contest and I couldn't continue and abandoned for a few seconds my bike to have a pee.When I returned there wasn't there anymore and I looked for it like a cat after his whelps.I suddenly woke up and said "Thank God,it was only a dream";The previous day I received an offer for 300$ to sell the bike to a guy from Decathlon a sport shop.All looked to be clean and in order,I asked my cousin if he was downstairs for buying food and he said yes,and also mentioned he fell asleep for a couple of hours.He asked me what I was planning to do on my vacation for the tenth time probably and I told him that I'm going to see Europe by bike.But this time the question was strange because in the next few minutes I would discover the thing.Strange he forgot to mention that my bike disappeared.Afterwards he told me he didn't realise that the bike was there but only after a hundred of unanswered calls.
   I went to local police station but it was pretty unhelpful and a waste of time.The officer tired of boring cases,treated me like I was an ordinary child for him and I was and also the case,but for me it was of huge importance.Before that he had an assault case and comparing to what happened to my good,my problem was a pinch.But he had to underline that very clearly because I was also upset.Finally I came in and wrote a novel of my declaration including the sketch of the block,my appartment,and the position of my bike related to the door,the stairs and the elevator.I hoped that he would snatch some statements from the inhabitants but the only one who was interogated was the neighbour next door,intrigued that I suspected her son of stealing something,and how could I suppose such a thing because he finished college and he was The sanctity of the whole block and stuff like this.I believe that being a morron isn't a prove for stealing something or any other crime;it's a necessary but unsufficient condition.
 Before the police arrived there I posted some papers at the entrance giving details and asking details about my bike,but today I saw they were cut with a knife so a lodger took that bike from me.Why?Because the entrance is locked and you can enter if and only if you have the card/key of block or you know someone,maybe a relative living there.Second argument is that I live at the 7th floor so it is very unlikely that unkwon people to know that I kept always the bike outside.You first take some assuring measurements and so on.Thirdly,my bike was stolen between 3:00 and 7:00 so to enter you must have the key or talk to entryphone with someone known otherwise it wouldn't open.
The thing is that I'm not angry that someone stolen my bike of 300$ but that I had to chance to put it inside and none of these would happened.I think and suspect very much;the whole block became an enemy of me,my cousin was called by police even though I don't have proofs against him and everything is messed up.It consumes me too much and I should past over,but I can't stop to ask myself how would have been if...none of these happened.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu